Holdsworth Community provides a variety of lifestyle and culture outings, activities and programs designed to help you stay connected to people and services in your area, meet new people, enjoy new experiences and go on trips.
Our social activities are jointly planned with participants to ensure we are planning activities that are enjoyable and suit each group.
Transport may be available to and from your home or from central pick up points depending on the program.
Listed below are some of the lifestyle & culture programs we offer:
- Bus Outings – Our bus outings run Monday to Thursday from 10:00am to 4:00pm. The outings visit places of interest and a range of parks, clubs and beaches. Lunch is in the community and is at the cost of the participant. Participants plan the activities.
- Discussion Groups – Our discussion groups meet weekly to talk about current affairs and local/international news. The groups run every Monday at Holdsworth between 12:15-2:30pm and Tuesday at Gaden Community Cafe from 11:00am-1:00pm, after which members may choose to stay for lunch with the group. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided and transport can be arranged for a minimal fee.
- Music Appreciation Club – This club is for all music lovers and involves educational experiences in various kinds of music from classical, romantic, orchestral and choral through to jazz. We encourage participants to bring their own music for listening and appreciation. The group also regularly invites live performers to the session as well as organising outings to concerts. Members meet every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at Holdsworth from 1:00-3:00pm. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided and transport can be arranged for a minimal fee.
- Movie Matinee – Come along to screenings of some of the golden oldies from 1:00-3:00pm on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month at Holdsworth. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided and transport can be arranged for a minimal fee.
- Night Fever – Our Night Fever group go out to dinner and occasionally a movie or show. This program is for independent and active seniors as it can require walking and steps. The program includes Community Transport pick-up and drop-off and the group are encouraged to nominate restaurants and events they would like to attend.
- Discovery Tour – This program is for independent and active seniors as it can require walking and steps. The program includes Community Transport from central pick-up and drop-off points only. The group visits gardens, museums, cultural centres and other places of interest each month.
- Art Trails – This program is for independent and active seniors as it can require walking and steps. The group takes journeys in and around Sydney to discover, learn and enjoy art in all its forms. Participants may take part in workshops, special viewings and curator talks as well as viewing exhibits from a range of large and small galleries.
If you would like to find out more about how Holdsworth Community can help you or your family member, please contact us on 02 9302 3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to access our services, which are primarily funded by the Australian Government, you must first register with My Aged Care by calling 1800 200 422. You can then ask to be referred to Holdsworth Community and to any other service providers of your choice. Talk to us first if you need any assistance in registering.