Links to local services for families and children
Each of the Councils provides links to services for children and families in their localities . We have linked directly the relevant pages on each of the local Councils below.
To search for child care in your area (Family Day Care, Long Day Care, Out-Of-School Hours Care etc) go to www.mychild.gov.au
School holiday term dates
Click here to visit the Board of Studies NSW Public School vacation dates. For Private Schools you will need to visit the school site as they can vary individually from the Public School dates.
Parenting Events & Resources
- Click here to visit Resourcing Parents NSW to find government resources and events.
- Beth Macgregor psychologist who specialises in child development and well-being. Co-author of the book ‘Helping your Baby to Sleep: Why Gentle Techniques Work Best’ with Anni Gethin. www.bethmacgregor.com
- A guidance approach to parenting ‘Children are People too.’ www.louiseporter.com.au
- Weekly podcast ‘Welcome to Babytalk, where it’s all about babies and their parents.’ www.abc.net.au/melbourne/babytalk
- Dr Tina Payne Bryson author of ‘No Drama’ and co-author of ‘The Whole Brain Child’ with Dan Siegel. She focuses on how we can help the children we love be happier, healthier and more fully themselves. www.tinabryson.com